ClickUp, with its goal of offering a centralized platform for task and project management, is designed to enhance team organization and productivity. While it does provide automation capabilities, these might fall short when dealing with complex multi-step processes. In this article, we’ll explore five ClickUp automation workflows that can be constructed using zenphi, a no-code business process automation (BPA) platform tailored for Google Workspace users.
Scenario 1: ClickUp Automation for Creating Tasks from Powerful Triggers
Creating tasks manually can be a real time-drain, not to mention the potential for those errors that seem to sneak in. But fear not, because here’s where automation really shines! Thanks to zenphi, you have the power to kickstart automation using a variety of events that suit your unique needs:
Let’s review an example:
ClickUp Automation Scenario: Expense Approval and Reimbursement Process Automation
1. Expense Submission via form: Employees submit their expense reports via a Google Form or zenphi Form, providing details such as expense category, amount, date, and receipts as attachments. Upon submission, the Form triggers an automation process.
2. Look up the employee’s manager in Google Directory: Zenphi takes the form initiator email, matches it with the Google Workspace account, and finds the employee’s manager.
3. Data Storage in Google Drive: Google Drive generates a folder for each expense report, utilizing the employee’s name or a unique identifier.
4. ClickUp Task Creation: In ClickUp, a new task is created in the “Expense Approval” project. This task includes the employee’s name, the expense details, and other data from the form and previous steps.
5. Slack Notification: A Slack message is sent to the finance team’s channel, notifying them of the new expense report task in ClickUp.
6. Data processing. When the expense is approved, zenphi performs calculations for the reimbursement amount through mathematical operations and calculates the approval time for further reporting.
7. Reimbursement Processing and Employee Communication: Upon review, zenphi automatically records the expense in QuickBooks. Once the reimbursement is completed, a confirmation email is sent to the employee.
Scenario 2: ClickUp Automation for Task Updates Based on Actions
No more slogging through the tedious process of manually reviewing each task’s progress! Zenphi steps in and automatically updates your ClickUp tasks based on the workflow’s activity and effortlessly directs the necessary data. Here’s a practical example:
ClickUp Automation Scenario: Employee Onboarding Process
1. When a new employee is hired, HR begins the onboarding process by submitting a Google Form with the employee’s details, including name, position, start date, and department.
2. ClickUp generates an “Employee Onboarding” task for HR and assigns it to the HR manager.
3. A new Google Workspace account is automatically created for the employee in the Google Directory.
4. The employee is added to the required Google Groups.
5. Zenphi creates a Jira task to request IT setup for the employee’s computer and software.
6. DocuSign sends the employee onboarding documents for digital signature.
7. As the employee completes the onboarding documents, HR updates the ClickUp task to reflect the progress.
8. A welcome meeting or training is scheduled in the Google Calendar.
9. Gmail sends welcome emails to the new employee, containing onboarding information and office policies.
Scenario 3: Complex Approval Workflows
Approval workflows are the critical aspect of operations, and when they entail multiple parties and complex approval policies, they can often lead to frustrating delays and bottlenecks. That’s where automation steps in as your problem-solving ally. Let’s review the following example:
Scenario: Insurance Claim Approval Process with Multilayer Approval
1. A policyholder submits an insurance claim via email, providing details about the incident, damage, and necessary documentation.
2. ClickUp generates a “New Claim” task in the “Claims Processing” project, incorporating all claim information and attaching submitted documents.
3. Multilayer Approval Workflow
Layer 1: Claims Specialist Review
A claims specialist evaluates the claim, accessing the ClickUp task, assessing documentation, and making an initial determination. If approved, the task is automatically forwarded to the next approval layer; otherwise, it’s marked as denied.
Layer 2: Supervisor Review
If approved by the claims specialist, the task is passed to a supervisor for a secondary review. The supervisor assesses the specialist’s decision and the provided documentation.
Layer 3: Managerial Review
If the supervisor approves, the task advances to the managerial level for final approval. Managers review the claim, the specialist’s and supervisor’s decisions, and any additional notes.
4. At each approval stage, the ClickUp task is automatically updated with the current status and up-to-date information.
5. Email notifications are sent to the policyholder to keep them informed of the claim’s status.
Scenario 4: Automated Sales Quote Generation
Frequently, teams find themselves in need of generating documentation as part of their processes. Rather than grappling with manual document creation, why not opt for automation? It not only generates the document but also seamlessly attaches the PDF to the ClickUp task or other systems, allowing the assignee to review it effortlessly and keep the workflow flowing smoothly. Here’s a practical example to illustrate this:
1. When a potential customer submits an inquiry via Typeform, the inquiry details are captured and logged in Salesforce.
2. ClickUp generates a “Quote Request” task in the “Sales Quotes” project, including the customer’s name, contact information, inquiry details, and additional data from Salesforce, such as customer history, previous purchases, and relevant account information to personalize the quote.
3. Initial Review: A sales representative reviews the quote request task, gathering additional information from the customer to determine the product or service that best suits their needs.
4. Quote Generation: Once the sales representative confirms the data, zenphi generates a customized quote for the customer using a Google Docs template and the data from previous steps.
5. Quote Review and Approval: The quote is reviewed by a sales manager or team lead to ensure accuracy, compliance with pricing guidelines, and alignment with the company’s sales strategy.
6. Quote Delivery: After internal approval, zenphi sends the quote to the customer via email and/or attach to the customer’s record in Salesforce.
Scenario 5: ClickUp Automation for Task Deletion
The automated “Delete Task” action serves as a valuable tool for several purposes. It not only aids in maintaining tidy task lists and preventing clutter but also plays a crucial role in handling sensitive data with care and precision. Let’s look at the example:
Real Estate Team Automation Example: Property Listing Management
1. Scheduled Export: At regular intervals, the system triggers the export of specific ClickUp tasks.
2. Automated Deletion: Tasks that have expired and contain sensitive information are automatically removed from the system.
3. Logging in Google Sheets: A record of the deletion is logged in Google Sheets.
4. Slack Notifications: Real estate team managers receive prompt notifications via Slack.
This comprehensive process guarantees the protection of sensitive information and ensures that the task list remains impeccably up-to-date.
In conclusion, the advanced ClickUp automation workflows powered by zenphi open up a world of possibilities for teams looking to enhance their efficiency, accuracy, and productivity. By automating complex processes, streamlining task management, and ensuring the secure handling of sensitive data, these workflows empower organizations to focus on what truly matters—innovation, growth, and delivering exceptional results.
As we’ve explored various scenarios, from expense management to multilayered approval workflows, sales quote generation, and task deletion, it’s evident that automation isn’t just a time-saver; it’s a game-changer. It allows teams to thrive in a fast-paced world by harnessing the power of technology to simplify and expedite tasks.
Whether you’re part of a finance team, HR department, healthcare organization, sales force, or real estate team, you can tailor these automation solutions to meet your unique needs. The result is a smoother, more efficient operation where manual labor gives way to automated precision.